Sunday, January 9, 2011

The 2011 Seeds

Here's the seed order for 2011. I don't know how I'll plant all these,
but I have a vague concept of "fewer plants, more variety." My one
resolution for the new year is I'll take a machete to the tomatoes. They
took over everything last year and generated award-winning foliage. This
year, I'll cage them better and keep them pruned. Maybe I'll get more
tomatoes. It would be hard to get fewer on a tomato-per-square-foot
basis. The chickens will be disappointed - there won't be as many hiding
places, at least under tomato plants. I'll have to keep everything
fenced off, anyway, otherwise it becomes a giant chicken gnosh-pit.

The status of the seeds I planted over the past two weeks is:

Peppers: No action
Cauliflower: Sprouted today.
Lettuce (both types): Sprouted three days ago.

- Bruce

1 comment:

  1. Hello Stranger! Boy am I jealous. There is no way in heck that I can get pepper plants to grow here, because we don't get enough sun. I'll be lucky if we get any tomatoes. They won't start turning red until the end of September: http://teachingmybabytoread.blog.com/2011/06/27/kids-in-the-garden-june-update/

    ReplyDelete